You must have heard a lot of negative feedbacks about the whale sharks in Oslob. Well, it will be absolutely up to you if you want to support it by going there and paying for the experience you will get with the whale shark watching/swimming activity or you will stay on your chair and keeps on telling negative stuffs about the whale shark watching in Oslob.
Things you should know about the whale sharks in Oslob:
They are FREE to leave – A lot of people are saying that they don’t like the system Oslob has for the whale shark watching since they are like being caged and not free. Well, actually they leave the area and go down to the deeper area to sleep after their hours of meal by the tourism. They are not always there. Sometimes they will be gone for a couple of weeks and comeback.
A whale shark named Bali invites others to Oslob – There's a whale shark which name is Bali (Bent for English, because of his bent tail) who invites other whale sharks to come to Oslob. Sometimes there's just 5 whale sharks and the next week there will be around 20. The fishermen/guide said that Bali is the responsible of the increase of the amount of whale sharks in Oslob, they said that he invites others.
Fishermen as Guide – Due to the fact that they know whale sharks so well for such a long time, they are also considered as guide since they know so much about the whale sharks and the things you shouldn’t do when you’re around the whale sharks. Always listen to the boatmen/fishermen together with you on the boat, they are knowledgeable.
Where to eat?
- La Terrasse – 0.2 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- Chez Tonton – 0.2 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- Le Bistrot – 8.4 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- VLK Pizzeria & Creperie Restaurant – 8.4 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- Paul and Madz – 8.3 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- Coffee Brew – 8.3 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- Adelaida Pastries – 8.4 km from Oslob Whale Sharks
- Kizmajul's – 15.8 km from Oslob Whale Sharks