Hiring a lawyer is important however, it can sometimes be difficult. So, before setting up a face-to-face meeting, there are a few questions you can ask on the phone. There are questions to ask and based on their answers you can either go forward and hire them or look elsewhere. These are some of those questions to help you hire the best of the best lawyers.
- Do you charge fees for the consultation? – If they say yes, then ask them the exact cost as well as the time they give when face-to-face.
- How do you accept the fees? Do you accept card, cash or any other mode of payment? And could probably lower down your fees?
- Have you handled a case similar to mine? Or When was the last time you took a case just as similar to mine?
- Are you going to handle my case by yourself? Or is your subordinate going to handle my case during your absence?
- How long have you been practicing law? And do you have a valid license? What or which areas are you permitted to practice?
- What outcome do you see for my case? And how long will my case last?
- How frequently are we going to communicate? If you’re unable to accept my call, will you call back immediately? Or do we need to talk via email?
- Can you refer another professional lawyer, in case you are unable to handle my case?
- What information are you going to need when we meet face-to-face?
Ask these above questions while hiring construction lawyers in Melbourne, and you'll benefit for sure.